A Wireless Network Monitor / Sniffer
Wellenreiter II is the successor of the famous Wellenreiter I which was written in Perl. Wellenreiter II has been completely redesigned and rewritten from scratch. Future features will include WEP cracking, Packet Injection, Active Scanning and more.
Wellenreiter II compatibility list:
* Distributions: iPAQ/familiar, iPAQ/OpenEmbedded, zaurus/OpenZaurus
* Drivers: spectrum_cs, orinoco_cs, hostap_cs, cisco, everything wlan-ng
2003-12-18 Michael Lauer
* Released as Version 1.0.2 (Development Snapshot)
* Add automatic uploading of capture files to "The Capture Dump" site at http://www.Vanille.de/projects/capturedump.spy
* Initial reading of the manufacturer database happens now in background
* Remove deprecated setMonitorMode() API ==> Use setMode( "monitor" ) now.
* The monitor mode now tries to use the standard IW_MODE_MONITOR first. If that doesn't work, it falls back to using the proprietary iwpriv commands
2003-11-30 Michael Lauer
* Released as Version 1.0.1 (Development Snapshot)
* Fixed ARP decoding for wired networks.
Interestingly, 802.11 encapsulates these in IP packets, while wired ethernet just tags the type_of_protocol.
* Added reading GPS data from a gps daemon.
* Started preparations for utilizing Wellenreiter II in wired networks.
* Implemented persistant configuration interface and retriggerable auto detection.
* Added QCOP interface for talking to opie-networksettings.
* Added parsing of DHCP packets and detecting DHCP servers.
* Overhauled the configuration window and started with the customizable event system.
* Added disabling the screensaver.
* Added automatic opening and scrolling to the network tree if a new station appears.
2003-05-10 Michael Lauer
* Released as Version 1.0 (Stable)
* Added restarting the dhcp client if having killed it before.
* Decouple dump files from live capture to shift control over 'what' is dumped to applications.
Categories: Network :: Wireless, Utilities